What is Dengue? How To Protect Your Family From Dengue?
Mosquito-borne infection transmitted through the bites of Aedes Aegypti Mosquito. Aedes aegypti, the yellow fever mosquito, is a mosquito that can spread dengue fever, chikungunya, zika fever, etc. The mosquito can be identified by white markings on its legs & marking in the form of a lyre on the upper surface of its thorax. Aedes aegypti mosquito is the main vector for transmitting viruses that cause dengue. These mosquitoes are active during morning and evening hours indoors and outdoors. There is no vaccine to prevent dengue fever.
What are the types of Dengue?
- Dengue Fever.
- DHF (Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever).
- Dengue Shock Syndrome.
What are the Symptoms for Dengue?
What is the Treatment of Dengue?
- High Fever.
- Severe headache.
- Joint pain.
- Eye pain.
- Pain in the abdomen.
- Bleeding from nose and mouth.
- Frequent vomiting.
- Weak rapid pulse and presence of cold clammy skin.
Visit your doctor if fever persists for more than 1 day. There is no medicine or injections that can kill the virus. The recommended course of action is close monitoring of platelet count with platelet transfusion in extreme cases. Lots of fluid intake with antipyretics to control fever is recommended. The old and proven saying prevention is better than cure is the best way to avoid falling prey to Dengue.
Precautions you can take to prevent dengue fever:
- Keep surrounding clean.
- Avoid piling of garbage and stagnation of water in containers.
- Protect yourself against mosquito bites
- Avoid visiting areas prone to mosquitoes.
- Prevent mosquito breeding inside and outside
- Apply Herbal Strategi Mosquito Repellent Body Spray, ideally one containing plant extracts and aromatic oils.
- Use Non-toxic Herbal Mosquito Repellent Room Spray in dark corners (under the bed, sofa, & behind curtains).
- Wear longed-sleeves and long trousers to cover your arms and legs.
- Use mosquito nets while sleeping.
- Remove water from pot plates on alternate days.