The Herbal Strategi’s Essential Oil can be used with a single oil at a time or in complex blends of different oils in one of the below-given methods and open the doors to a whole new experience.
1) Apply to the skin:
You can simply apply them to your skin for absorption – though never directly on the skin, but always mixed and diluted with a carrier oil such as coconut oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, avocado oil, sunflower oil, or grapeseed oil. Particularly if skin sensitivity could be a concern, always dilute your essential oil with a common neutral carrier oil before application.
2) Direct Inhalation:
You can directly inhale the oil by holding the bottle of essential oil a few inches from the nose and inhaling in the aroma, or by adding a few drops onto the hands and cupping them over the mouth and nose. But when using a new essential oil for the first time, only use one drop to make sure you don’t have a reaction or sensitivity to the oil.
3) Steam inhalation:
Into a bowl, add 2 to 5 drops of oil and 2 to 3 cups of boiling water. Cover your head and bowl with a towel, place your nose about 12” away from the bowl, and slowly inhale the steam. If you notice any discomfort or irritation, stop immediately. It is important to keep the eyes closed when using this method.
4) Use an essential oil diffuser:
Electronic diffusers are designed to disperse an excellent fine mist of essential oils. They’ll gently fill the air with the aroma and healing benefits of the essential oil of your choice within minutes. Put some drops of essential oils and water in your diffuser, turn it on, and circulate the oil into your room.
You can drop a few drops of Essential Oils to your bath and relax after a long day. Make sure you mix it with Epsom salts so that it’ll dissolve better.
6) Potpourri Pot:
You can add a few drops of Essential Oils into your potpourri pot and shake it. Then sit back and enjoy the fragrance spread throughout your space.
Essential Oil Combo: Ever wondered if you’d keep your home clean and your family healthy and refreshed without relying on strange manufactured chemicals? Yes, now you can, with essential oils! Essential oils have been used for thousands of years as skin therapies, personal fragrances, etc. Generally, they are extracted directly from the bark, leaves, flower fruit, nut, resin, or root of a plant or tree. Only one drop can provide the incredible health benefits that each oil provides.
The world of essential oils is vast, intriguing, and honestly, a tad confusing as there are hundreds of essential oils, each with their own unique therapeutic powers and health benefits. So, it’s important to know which ones are the most effective in treating the condition you’re looking to improve. Here, at Herbal Strategi, we surely love essential oils. The list is long, but once careful researched, we have narrowed the top best essential oils that can help you the most!
Thought lemongrass was only for adding that exotic zing of flavor to food? Well, this culinary herb can do much more. This oil is extracted from partly dried leaves by a method of steam distillation. Lemongrass oil’s fresh, earthy, invigorating scent instantly uplifts and can help balance energy and clear the mind.
Benefits of essential oil:
- Relieves headaches
- Reduces stomach aches
- Alleviates abdominal and muscle pain
- Kills germs
- Acts as an astringent
- Reduces fever
- Eases digestive tract spasms
Practical ways to use Lemongrass Oil:
- Topical Pain Relief: Use a carrier oil such as coconut oil, almond oil, etc. Then, dilute a pair of drops of lemongrass oil to at least one teaspoon of carrier oil.
- Natural Deodorizer: Add three-four drops of oil to water and then use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
Cedarwood is largely a plant native to cold climates. Best Cedarwood essential oil is extracted through the method of steam distillation from the wood pieces of the cedarwood tree. Certainly, it has a warm, woodsy aroma that creates a comforting, uplifting experience.
Benefits of essential oil combo:
- Improve skin conditions like eczema
- Promote hair growth and soothe dry scalp
- Has natural antiseptic properties
- Improve focus
- Cough relief
- Bug repellent
- Stress relief
- Fight fungal infections
- Helps acne
Practical ways to use Cedarwood Oil:
- Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to the desired area. Dilution not needed except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily. Add 3 to 4 drops of oil to water and use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser/vaporizer.
Citronella oil is steam distilled from the leafy parts of the citronella plant, additionally referred to as Cymbopogon nardus. As a relative of Lemongrass, Citronella has a slight citrus scent that provides a pleasant and inviting experience whenever it’s used. Its versatility makes it a good household product to add to your beauty routine or to refresh indoor and outdoor spaces.
Benefits of essential oil combo:
- Naturally repels insects
- Fights free radical damage
- Fights bacteria and fungi
- Reduces inflammation
- Uplifting and Stress Reducing
- Natural deodorizer
Practical ways to use Citronella Oil:
- Topical: Dilute with a carrier oil, like coconut or jojoba oil, in a 1:1 ratio. Then, rub the solution into your skin or spray some on your clothes and hair. Also, you can additionally add a few drops of citronella essential oil to your bath, shampoo, soap, or body wash.
- Aromatic: Add the 3-4 drops of oil to water and use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
Eucalyptus oil is another powerhouse of healing properties. It is made from leaves of selected eucalyptus tree species. The tree’s leaves are steam distilled to produce the earthy, fresh oil that is popular in personal care products and spa treatments.
Benefits of essential oil combo:
- Improve respiratory conditions
- Relieve cough
- Improve seasonal allergies
- Fight infections
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Alleviate headaches
- Aid wound care
- Improve earaches
- Boost mental clarity
- Repel rats
Practical ways to use Eucalyptus Oil:
- Topical: Apply 2–3 drops topically to your temples and chest or onto a clean cotton ball and then rub it into the area of concern 2-3 times daily until the issue has cleared.
- Aromatic: Add the 3-4 drops of oil to water and use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer. Also, pour a cup of boiling water into a bowl and add 1–2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to it. Then place a towel over your head and inhale the scent deeply for 5-10 minutes.
Extracted from the seeds of the neem tree, neem oil is nature’s gift to mankind. Incredibly bitter in taste with a pungent garlicky, sulfur-like smell, and ranging in color from greenish-brown to yellowish-brown to shades of red. The oil is host to a stimulating variety of active ingredients that offer powerful healing properties for many medical ailments.
Benefits of Neem Essential Oil for Skin:
- Conditions dry skin and make skin supple.
- Fights acne.
- Combats hair problems like dandruff, a fungal infection of the scalp.
- Serves as a natural insecticide
- Used as an antiseptic.
- Has Anti-aging properties.
Practical ways to use Neem Oil:
- Topical: Add 2-3 drops and apply on the desired area.
- For Hair: Warm 2 tablespoons of neem oil and apply; wash after 30 minutes or add a few drops of neem oil to your shampoo. Let sit for ten minutes and wash off. Use daily or every alternate day and see the difference.
- For Skin: Combine 1 tsp. neem oil with other carrier oils like eucalyptus, coconut, or almond oil. Massage lightly onto the affected area.
- Against insects: Dip cotton balls in neem oil and wipe around doors, windows, kitchen cabinets, and drawers, and also other entry points to keep the pests away from your home.
Holy basil is the species of basil most known for its powerful healing qualities. Tulsi oil has a sharp, fresh, earthy and minty fragrance. It is pale yellow and has a thin viscosity. However, pure Tulsi essential oil can be extracted through steam distilling the leaves and elements of the plant.
Benefits of Tulsi essential oil:
- Fights acne
- Protects against diabetes
- Helps fight cancer
- Balances hormones and lowers stress
- Relieves fever and headaches
- Helps improve respiratory disorders
- Dental care and oral health
- Supports eye health
Practical ways to use Tulsi Oil:
- Topical: Dilute 2-3 drops or 1 tsp. neem oil with other carrier oils like eucalyptus, coconut or almond oil. Massage lightly onto the affected area.
- Aromatic: Add the 3-4 drops of oil to water and then use it as a mist or use an oil diffuser or vaporizer.
Surely 100% pure therapeutic-grade essential oils
What to watch out for!
Essential oils are natural but powerful. Some people may develop an allergic reaction to any oil so it’s always best to try a little by doing a small skin patch test on your arm or leg (never your face or neck) to make sure you don’t have an adverse reaction. Keep out of reach of children. For external use only. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care physician prior to use. Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.